Claims Service Representative 1 - Auto :: Ref# FIS-CLAIMS-116
Job Category:CSR 1-Auto
Employment Type:Permanent Full-Time
Description:Family Insurance Solutions Inc. is a Vancouver based member of The Economical Insurance Group. Economical Mutual Insurance Company is the insurer on all Family policies and is 100% Canadian owned and operated. This position will work in the Auto Unit within the Claims Department of Family Insurance Solutions. As a CSR 1 Auto you will be a representative of The Economical Mutual Insurance Company
This is an excellent career opportunity in auto claims for an energetic service oriented team player. Reporting to the Auto Assistant Team Leader, you will be responsible for the prompt investigation, negotiation and settlement of assigned, minor to moderate, auto claims.
- Provides prompt, courteous, accurate and fair claims service to all clients, internal and external.
- Utilizes company technology to track and expedite all transactions.
- Assists clients in resolving claims while balancing the interest of the company.
- Assist in claim inquiries
- Maintains an active file load
- Confirms coverage on all assigned losses
- Make first contact with the client on all new claims assigned, within 2 hours of the claim being reported
- Fully explains the claim process to all clients
- Utilizes approved vendors in the handling of claims
- Ensures all claims are promptly investigated
- Ensures all claims negotiations are conducted with integrity
- Ensures settlements are accurate and fair to both parties
- Ensures adequate file documentation exists on all files
- Documents all communications on the Company system
- Seeks approval on all matters over assigned authority
- Keeps an active diary and ensure files receive appropriate follow up
- Notifies management of all complaints
- Works outside a file ownership domain in ensuring that all customer calls are resolved with minimal call transferring and provides backup to team members
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers;
- Performs well in a busy operation and remains calm under pressure
- Highly organized, self-disciplined and committed to providing superior customer service to our policyholders and brokers;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must possess good customer service skills
- Pays attention to detail and maintains integrity in all dealings.
- Analytical and decisive while working within the parameters of assigned authority.
- Current enrollment in C.I.P. program or firm commitment to do so, with a commitment to complete designation;
- Computer proficiency including MS Word and Excel required
How to Apply:Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Ref# FIS-CLAIMS-116 in subject field. We thank you for your interest in advance, however only those under consideration will be contacted.