HR Manager :: Ref# FIS-HR-157
Job Category:Human Resource Manager
Employment Type:Permanent Full-Time
Description:Family Insurance has been offering our Auto and Home insurance products in B.C. for over a decade. Family Insurance is a Vancouver based member of The Economical Insurance Group. Economical Mutual Insurance Company is the insurer on all Family polices, it is one of the largest insurance companies in Canada, is 100% Canadian owned and was founded in 1871.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for full human resources services within Family Insurance Solutions including; organizational development and effectiveness, employee relations, recruitment and selection, compensation and benefit administration, HR management and planning and OH&S. This position requires an individual who has a breadth of HR experience and can provide credible guidance to both management and employees. The individual must be able to manage competing deadlines and multiple projects on an ongoing basis. As a member of Familys Executive Team the HR Manager reports directly to the President and CEO and contributes to the strategic direction of the organization by providing expertise in all human resources related issues.
Requirements:- Provide feedback to the Executive Team on human resources issues that may affect the Company and ensure alignment with both best practice and legislation.
- Assist in the development of the corporate strategic and tactical plan.
- Participate in annual tactical and strategic long-term planning to support Familys ongoing business objectives.
- Counsel and advise management and employees on employment related issues ensuring compliance with company policies, provincial/federal regulations and other legal requirements.
- Act as a liaison between employees and management to promote a healthy and positive culture.
- Evaluate and review HR policy and practices to identify opportunities to improve or enhance services and to achieve organizational goals and support Familys culture
- Ensure integrity of HR information and reporting
- Facilitate and promote initiatives which create a positive, healthy and productive work culture
- Implement processes and procedures to ensure appropriate workforce planning and leadership development activities are in place
- Responsible for all aspects of recruitment, selection and new employee orientation
- Administer compensation programs and salary analysis and reviews as required.
- Manage corporate employee incentive and recognition programs.
- Manage OH&S program and act as a management representative on the company Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Manage the benefits administration process and the relationship with the Companys insurance providers and benefits consultant.
- Responsible for the ongoing evolution and maintenance of the performance appraisal process and provide ongoing assistance to management regarding performance management issues (progressive discipline, absenteeism management, terminations etc)
- Prepare, administer and control the department budget
- Perform management supervisory duties for human resources staff.
- Assure that staff is provided with proper training, instruction, tools, and methods to perform their jobs.
- Personal Characteristics:
- Strong departmental leadership skills with ability to assign and monitor work.
- A team player who is able to maintain positive, trust-based relationships with staff at all levels in the organization
- Ability to operate autonomously, both hands-on and at a senior level
- Persuasive and appropriately persistent in influencing stakeholders, helping managers align their actions and decisions with Familys strategic goals and corporate values
- Ability to manage multiple widely varied projects in a time sensitive environment with a sense of urgency and ability to re-organize priorities as business needs require
- Discrete and able to maintain confidential information while ensuring a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- A people person positive, client-focused, self-motivated and flexible
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to assist organization in improving performance and productivity
- This position requires 5-7 years five years' progressive human resources experience complemented by:
- University degree or college diploma in Human Resources Management
- CHRP Designation an asset
- Previous experience in a corporate HR role with 1-2 years experience at a senior advisory or manager level of responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of BC Employment Standard Legislation and appropriate privacy & human rights laws
- Developed knowledge of HR practices specifically in employee relations, recruitment and organizational development and effectiveness
- Excellent computer skills, including HRIS and Payroll (ADP) systems
How to Apply:Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Ref# FIS-HR-157 in subject field. We thank you for your interest in advance, however only those under consideration will be contacted.