Department:Business Support Services
Job Category:Data Analyst and Software Support
Employment Type:Permanent Full-Time
Description:Family Insurance Solutions Inc. is a Vancouver based member of The Economical Insurance Group. Economical Mutual Insurance Company is the insurer on all Family polices and is 100% Canadian owned and operated. The data analyst is a participant of the Data Management Team and is responsible for the quality (accuracy and integrity) of the Companys proprietary data.
- Triage and analyze data issues reported from Familys business units as needed in a timely and appropriate manner. Resolve data issues by creating SQL scripts to be executed against the operational support environment. Execute data scripts as necessary
- Engage Development and QA team members as required to assist in production issues.
- Log and update production defects as necessary
- Daily review of Familys database diagnostics in order to identify and resolve data errors
- Creation, modification and retirement of database diagnostics
- Document the purpose, description and actions to be taken of all system diagnostics. Ensure the document is maintained.
- Provide regular proactive analysis of Familys production databases to ensure data integrity
- Initiate change requests for data fixes for promotion to the production system
- Develop and maintain data structure knowledge in order to perform functions of role effectively and efficiently. Including maintenance of the central repository of metadata (data dictionary)
- Ensure continuity across the Data Management Team by scheduling and chairing quarterly meetings. Distribute minutes at the completion of each meeting.
- Mentor and train DMT members
- Document the DMT processes and procedures
- Ensure audit requirements with regards to data maintenance are strictly adhered to by all members of the DMT and notify management of any deviation to audit requirements.
- Provide advice, assistance and quantitative analysis (decision making support) to the Business Support Services team
- Participate in the test preparation and execution of project specific data changes as requested
- Analyze and prepare broker/branch transfer scripts when requested by Marketing. Co-ordinate execution of the scripts with TSG and MIS teams.
- Support the Companys EFT process through the creation of the bank file and the creation and merging of the customer and payment transaction files.
- Execute test cases using manual testing
- Manage defects through the defect workflow
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Desire for quality and attention to detail
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent operational and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and within timelines
- Basic accounting knowledge
Education and Experience:
- Typically holds a technical or college diploma in Information Systems, Computer Science, or some other related area of study or equivalent in experience.
- Must be proficient with MS Office
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with structure query language (SQL), preferably with both SQL Server
- Previous experience in the Financial Services or Insurance Industry is an asset.
How to Apply:Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Ref# FIS-BSS-180 in subject field. We thank you for your interest in advance, however only those under consideration will be contacted.