Rating Analyst :: Ref# FIS-MRKT-184
Job Category:Rating Analyst
Employment Type:Permanent Full-Time
Description:Reporting directly to the Rating and Reporting Team Leader, the Rating Analyst will work closely with other team members to provide analysis, create reports and prepare recommendations for Family's auto and personal lines products. Your daily activities will include identifying trends, analyzing loss data, and maintaining Familys rating engine. In addition, this position may be required to assist the Company with other Marketing related IT functions, such as web development and maintenance.
* Monitor and assess competitive rating on an ongoing basis.
* Segment and analyze Family's product rating (e.g., by risk type, geographical region, postal code) to identify rating trends, anomalies and opportunities to enhance profitability.
* Develop and analyze financial assumptions used in the rating processes by using various insurance and mathematical concepts (e.g., regression analysis).
* Develop concise corporate proposals on pricing and product recommendations.
* Analyze requests for non-standard or customized rating arrangements and present recommendations to Familys management team.
* Maintain rating tables in the Point of Sale (POS) database and in all other database environments, e.g., MIS, Development, and Quality Assurance.
* Provide rating analysis support for all system projects involving changes to Family's proprietary rating engine, its business rules, and/or data tables; as well as supporting the programming, testing and implementation of Family's strategic rating.
* Ensuring the vehicle identification code and postal code updates and changes are processed.
* Responsible for month-end processes relating to performance reporting.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to take initiative, set deadlines and manage projects to a timely and successful conclusion.
* Strong English written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts to stakeholders.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure.
* Adaptable and able to manage change in a fast paced and fluid environment
* Team player who is professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with customers or co-workers.
* Excellent interpersonal and influencing abilities; proven experience in promoting tactics to improve organizational performance and productivity.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field (i.e. Statistics, Actuarial, Risk Management or Mathematics).
* Minimum one to two years working experience in a similar role within the Property & Casualty insurance or similar industry.
* Familiar with database concepts, reporting technologies (i.e. Crystal Reports, SSRS) , SQL (structured query language), T-SQL PL/SQL
* Expertise using MS Word, MS Excel, particularly data modeling and spreadsheet analysis skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills to assist organization in improving performance and productivity
How to Apply:Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Ref# FIS-MRKT-184 in subject field. We thank you for your interest in advance, however only those under consideration will be contacted.