IF YOUR HOME HAS BEEN DAMAGED OR BROKEN INTO
The following process will help to guide you in the event you’ve suffered a loss to your property:
1. Get help
Contact the police or fire department, if necessary.
2. Gather police information (if applicable)
Get a police file number, name of the detachment, and the officer’s name and telephone number.
3. Report your claim
During business hours, contact your insurance broker. Outside of business hours, call our 24-hour emergency claims service at 1-800-661-4404.
4. Document the incident
Write down what happened in as much detail as possible. Provide a list of the items that have been stolen or damaged, including (if applicable):
- a detailed description of the item
- the make and model number
- when and where the item was purchased
- approximate purchase cost
- proof of ownership, if possible (e.g. receipt, photo, warranty registration)